How To Wash Floor Mats: Expert Cleaning Tips
Floor mats are installed by homeowners in their houses not just to ensure floor protection but to enhance safety as well. Adding floor mats to residential homes has become more of a necessity these days. Why? Because more and more people realize its importance. So just think of this – a slippery floor can put anybody's safety at risk, right? If your home is one of those houses with floormats being installed, this article will give you more helpful insights about floormats. We will also be teaching you how to wash floor mats the proper way.
WARNING: A Dirty Floormat is a Health Risk
Carpets can serve as a breeding ground for all sorts of little but harmful creatures.
Nasty things can be living in your floormats without you knowing it. Yes! Don't be deceived by what you see. Your floormat could look clean, but germs and bacteria could be lurking on it. What's worse is that these elements can be harmful to a person's health. So if you have kids, the more dangerous the situation can become.
If you are so into floormats simply because having one is a good way to design a house in a minimalist way, why not learn how to wash floor mats as well? We will be giving you expert tips, so don't worry! Here are some essential tips on how to wash floor mats.
Washing Your Floormats
Washing is a very common way of cleaning your floor mats. It can be a little challenging compared to the vacuuming process, but it is proven to be more effective in cleaning floormats. Using water, soap, and sanitizer is indeed a very effective means of doing it. However, washing can lessen the life span of your floormats. That is why it is also important to make sure that you are doing it correctly.
- Prepare your floor mat. Vacuum it before removing it from the floor. Be sure to remove debris.
- Prepare a cleaning solution. You can use regular laundry soap mixed with water in a pail.
- Wash the floor mat with water, and make sure all parts are wet.
- Pour the cleaning mixture. You can use a gentle brush to clean all the floor mat parts.
- Rinse. Wash thoroughly to remove soap.
- If you have a floor mat fabric conditioner, you can also apply it.
- Let it dry. Hang it under the heat of the sun. Do not dry in a dryer. That can damage your floor mat.
- Wait until it's totally dry before reusing it again.
Learning how to wash floor mats is easy. So there is no need for you to get lazy over this necessary house chore.
Other Ways to Clean Your Floor Mats at Home
Now that you already know how to wash floor mats, it is now time to see what are the other means to clean a floor mat.
- Using a neutral cleaner
- Dry cleaning
Adding Appeal while Ensuring Safety
How to wash floor mats is an important question when it comes to making sure that you are not letting any harmful elements get inside your house. The best thing about floor mats is that aside from floor safety, they can add appeal to the overall aesthetics of your house. Cool, right?