How To Seal A Painted Door Mat?
If you want to give your doormat a creative makeover, the best way to do that is to paint it! Everyone loves customized things, right? You may also want to do this to start launching a painted doormat business. Whatever reasons you have, you can go ahead and learn how to seal a painted door mat. This article got your back.
The DIY Doormat
Starting a business that creates fun and personalized stuff is now becoming a trend, especially online. People have started to share their pretty and customized painted doormat to the world. If you are planning to create one, this is the article for you.
In this part, you will learn how to seal a doormat or how to seal a painted door mat without having to worry about the extra cost.
- Prepare your painting materials. Choose the right brush for this project because this is going to be a one-time try.
- If you already have your design printed on a stencil, you can now proceed to cutting it with a Cricut. Carefully cut the edges of each letter. Take time in doing this, and have a little more patience. This is going to be a long process, but you don’t want to take a short cut with this to avoid ruining the design.
- Weed the stencil, and apply a transfer paper on top of it. Make sure to use the not-so-sticky one for this type of project.
- The next thing to do is to set the vinyl onto your doormat, and then gently take off the transfer paper from the stencil.
- Now, take a masking tape and secure the stencil with it. Make sure that you double the tape on every corner of the stencil to make it stay in its place while you continue with the next step. Cover the entire surface of the mat that you don’t want to get stained with the paint.
- How to seal a painted door mat? Take your lex seal door mat and spray it onto the words. Make sure that your hand is directly above the words to fully have it covered with the seal. Once you're finished painting the whole stencil, you can now proceed to detaching it from the mat gently.
That is one quick way on how to seal a painted door mat. Sealers are perfect to use if you want the design to last a little longer on your doormat. Isn’t it easy? Well, surprise your family with this one simple but special DIY. Enjoy!
You must know how to seal a painted door mat. Many DIY experts recommend the use of a sealant to this kind of project so that the paint won’t easily fade and fall off after some time. You’re now ready to have the warmest welcome to be displayed on your front porch.