How To Paint Your Doormat: Customized Designing
Do you have an old, plain, and boring doormat resting in your storage room? Do you want to revamp it and give it a little makeover? Well, this article got you covered! Read until the end to know how to paint door mat and how to paint rubber door mats.
Turn Your Mat into an Art
Your doormat is the first thing that greets the guests whenever they enter your house. However, they shouldn’t be just a regular doormat if you want your guests to feel that they are warmly welcomed in your humble home. If you feel like throwing away your old and boring doormat, think again. That piece of rubber could be more than just a mat because in the following part of this article, you will see that your doormat can be creatively transformed into a work of art.
To find out how to paint door mat, be sure to have a keen eye on the details down below.
Materials and Steps
Painting isn’t just limited to a canvas, a wall, paper, and wood. It can also apply to a single piece of doormat. After the following steps on how to paint door mat, you’ll never see your mat as an ugly rug again. So take your mat, get your painting materials, play jazz music, and use your creative imagination as you learn how to paint door mat.
Here are the following materials that you are going to need in this project:
- Acrylic paints (colors of your choice)
- Rubber doormat
- To start, lay down your materials on the floor. Close your eyes and imagine what you want your doormat to look like after painting it. If you don’t see any visions or maybe you have one but you don’t know how to clearly visualize it, then it’s time to grab your phone and scroll through Google or Pinterest for more creative ideas.
- Pick a photo or an idea on what you want to paint on your rubber doormat. You can either print it out or you’ll have to leave your phone turned on the entire painting process for you to have picture references.
- Now, start to paint your desired design onto the mat. Do not be afraid to make mistakes. Stroke your brush on the surface of the doormat, and just let the paint flow along with your creative ideas.
- Once you're done with what you have painted, it’s time to seal your painting. But how to seal a painted doormat? To do this, simply dip a clean brush into the paint sealer and apply it to the newly painted rubber doormat. Just make sure to evenly coat the surface.
- Lastly, let the seal dry for a couple of hours before displaying it outside your front porch.
You don’t have to buy a brand-new doormat to display on your front door. The only thing you need is to learn how to paint door mat and express a little bit of your creative side.