How To Make Rubber Floor Mats Shine: A Quick Guide
We all know our car mats go through a natural wear and tear process, but is there any way to make mats look new again? In this article, you're in luck because we will teach you how to make rubber floor mats shine like you just got them from a store. And you won't need professionals to do it. Are you ready?
A Quick Guide To Making Rubber Floor Mats Look Brand New
Learning how to make rubber floor mats shine is the last part of the cleaning process, and consistent maintenance is a crucial part of making rubber mats look new.
Things you need:
- Clean microfiber cloths and towels
- Brushes with non-abrasive bristles
- All-purpose cleaner
- Rubber cleaner
Step 1 - Remove the rubber mats from your vehicle.
Step 2 - Shake off the rubber mats to remove any loose dirt and dust.
Step 3 - Immerse your rubber mats in a basin of warm water and gentle dishwashing soap. As an alternative, you can also use a pressure washer to rinse off your mats to start.
Step 4 - Spray your all-purpose solution to the surface of your mat in generous amounts. Make sure you spray on crevices and edges as well.
Step 5 - Let the solution sit for a minute on your mat.
Step 6 - Use your brush to scrub off the dirt from your mat.
Step 7 - Rinse off the solution with your pressure washer or immerse the mats in a basin of clean water.
Step 8 - Dry the rubber mats thoroughly. You can air dry them or use clean microfiber towels.
Step 9 - If you want to know how to make rubber floor mats shine, use a rubber cleaner as the last process. Make sure it is not slippy, so you don't slip while driving.
Step 10 - After spraying or applying a rubber shine finishing touch, wipe it down with another microfiber towel.
Step 11 - Put them back in the car, and enjoy its good-as-new look!
Tips For Cleaning Your Rubber Mats
- Do not forget to clean your car's carpet. Vacuum your car's carpet floor to avoid debris from gathering under your rubber mats.
- Invest in a carpet cleaner.
- Avoid chemicals when cleaning your rubber mats.
- Make a DIY mixture for cleaning stains on your rubber mats: baking soda, vinegar, and soap.
- You can use vinegar during the cleaning process to ensure a thorough clean.
- Do not hold back scrubbing your rubber mats.
- Do not forget to clean both sides of your rubber mats.
- Schedule a regular clean-up for your rubber mats, so it keeps looking brand new.
Clean rubber floor mats are a safety precaution from slips and slides caused by a dirty, poorly-maintained mat. Knowing how to make rubber floor mats shine will make your car interiors look good.