How To Make Cricut Mat Sticky Again? – Quick Tips
Cricut mats are a crafter's best friend. It keeps your materials in place while you are working on your projects, ensuring you get everything done with precision. Its best asset, the grip, makes all this possible. In this article, we will teach you how to make Cricut mat sticky again, so you can make the most out of your mats without having to buy new ones too often.
Tips And Tricks To Make Your Cricut Mat Sticky Again
Cricut mats are an essential tool for crafting. They come in different colors, with specific grip strength. Whether you are working on light materials, like printer paper or heavy ones, like leather, the mat's varying grip strengths keep your projects in place. Take a look at some of these tips on how to make Cricut mat sticky again:
Tip # 1: Give your mat a good and light cleaning.
Cleaning your mat helps maintain its stickiness. Most Cricuts come with a plastic scraper that you can use after every project.
- Run your scraper along the mat gently.
- Use gentle motions to scrape off small debris.
Tip # 2: Use baby wipes on your mat.
- Opt for bleach and alcohol-free wipes.
- Wipe the mat's surface gently.
- When wiping, follow the same direction on your mat's entire surface.
Tip # 3: Use a lint roller on your mat.
- Roll the lint remover in one direction on your mat's surface.
Note: Because lint rollers are sticky, they transfer some of that to your mat while you are cleaning your mat.
Tip # 4: Use warm water and soap mixture on your mat.
- Prepare warm water in a bowl.
- Add soap or dish soap.
- Use a scrub brush with non-abrasive bristles.
- Gently brush away the residue left on your mat.
Tip # 5: Use adhesive sprays on your mat.
Reminder: Your Cricut mats are designed to have different grips. Spraying your own adhesives cannot replicate its original grip and also voids its warranty.
- Position your adhesive spray at a good distance from your mat.
- Spray it on your mat's surface using one direction so you can apply it evenly.
If you were able to notice, the tips given are different ways to clean your mat. The leading cause of losing stickiness in your Cricut mats is the accumulation of residue and lint on its surface. If you want to know how to make Cricut mat sticky again, it is crucial to give it a regular clean.
There are many reasons why you want to know how to make Cricut mat sticky again. These useful tools for creation can make a crafter's life easier. As long as you keep your Cricut mat clean as well as cover it after use, it will continue to do its job.