How To Make A Door Mat With Cricut?
Doormats just make everything on your front porch look gorgeous and warm. And to have one customized makes this beautiful craft even more personal. However, personalized items are kind of expensive. This is when Cricut comes to save your day! Make your own Cricut doormat with this article’s tutorial on how to make a door mat with Cricut.
The DIY Power
With people’s creative ideas, it has become possible for everyone to create personalized DIY crafts. With various DIY guides, a lot of time and money has been saved, especially for those who want to own things that are too expensive to buy in stores. You’re now a click away from having your DIY doormat Cricut. Be sure to check out the following procedure on how to make a door mat with Cricut in the comfort of your own home.
You are going to need these following supplies for your doormat project:
- A doormat
- Acrylic paint with the color of your choice
- A Hairdryer
- A flat-edged paintbrush
- A roll of masking tape
- Less sticky type of transfer paper
- The first thing that you have to do on how to make a door mat with Cricut is to style your desired doormat design. Open your Cricut software on your desktop and start creating a text or word of your choice.
- Cricut also has a variety of fonts to choose from so you won’t run out of creative looking fonts for your doormat. You can also download fonts from different font websites available online.
- Once you're done with typing your desired text to put on your doormat, make sure that you save it on a size that’s big enough and not too small for your doormat.
- Next would be to print it. Get your vinyl stencil, and insert it to your printer. Wait until the printing is done before you take it off.
- Then you have to take your transfer paper, and be sure to gently roll it over the vinyl stencil. After that, rub it on onto the vinyl, and carefully take off the back cover of the vinyl by peeling.
- Put the stencil onto the doormat, and tape it there with masking tape to secure it. Make sure that you have put it on the center of the doormat.
- Peel the transfer paper from the stencil carefully.
- To make the painting process better and smoother, you need to grab your hairdryer and move it around the stencil. This will make the material stick more to the doormat.
- Once it completely sticks to the doormat, you can now proceed in giving color to your design. Take your flat brush, and dip it to your paint. Do not brush it onto the stencil; rather, gently dab it on the letters. Make sure to evenly coat the letters with paint.
- After that, you now have to remove the stencil from the doormat by gently pulling it off. Dry it completely before displaying it on your front porch.
Those are 10 easy steps on how to make a door mat with Cricut. All the materials are affordable and easy to find. With all the necessary information that you just learned, you can now go ahead and start making a DIY Cricut doormat that will add more warmth to your home.