How To Keep Floor Mats From Sliding
Floor mats provide households with extra layer of floor protection and comfort. However, they can be a serious threat to your physical health, especially when it gets so slippery. The struggle can be totally real when you force to hold your floor mats in place. How to keep floor mats from sliding? It’s now time to fix this issue using only simple and achievable methods.
Almost everyone who have floor mats at home can totally relate to how much of a headache it is to keep it in its place. Even car owners gets frustrated on how to keep car floor mats from sliding around. If not prevented, worst things can possibly happen. It might lead to serious injuries, especially for kids who love to roam around the house. So how to keep floor mats from sliding?
- Before buying one, an easy way on how to keep floor mats from sliding would be to choose a type that is heavy and thicker in size. They can cost extra money, but the investment would surely be worth it, especially in the long run compared to buying a cheaper and thinner type of floor mat.
- One easy method that people would run to on how to keep floor mats from sliding is by using a carpet double-sided tape.
- All you have to do is to clean the back of your floor mat and as well as the floor to remove dust and other form of debris.
- Next, attach the carpet tape on the back of the mat, make sure that you are covering all four corners of the mat for extra layer of security.
- Once you’re done attaching the tapes, go ahead and remove the other covering of the double sided tape so that you can attach the adhesive on the floor.
- Test it once you’re done attaching the mat to your floor to see if it works.
- You can use a screw to hold your floor mats in place. Take a drill, and use it to bury the screw agianst your mat and the floor. Drill one screw for each corner for better security. Be sure that you do this process slowly and gently so that you won’t damage your floor as well as the mat.
- There are actually available clippers that can hold floor mats in place. You can find these in any department stores or hardware stores in your local area. Be sure to pick one that suits well with the size and thickness of your floor mat.
You have just learned four easy methods on how to keep floor mats from sliding and moving around in your home or in your car. Do not be fooled by the aesthetic appeal that floor mats possess. They can bring you in serious trouble if you take late action on keeping them in place.