How To Keep A Chair Mat From Sliding On Hardwood Floors
A hardwood floor and a mat can be a good or a bad combination. Yes, mats do add aesthetic appeal to your homes, but they can also possess hazards. Chair mats would tend to move around and can cause serious accidents when not prevented. How to keep chair mat from sliding on hardwood floors?
The Solution You Need
Finding the best chair mat for hardwood floor can be pretty challenging. At some point, you can observe your mat sliding against the floor when you sit on your chair, and it gets annoying when it happens. That’s why you need to know the following methods on how to stop chair mat from sliding. Worse things can happen if you don’t take immediate action regarding this matter.
Here are easy ideas that you can apply on how to keep chair mat from sliding on hardwood floors.
- The easiest method on how to keep chair mat from sliding on hardwood floors is by using double-sided tape. You can find double-sided tapes that are specifically made for carpets and mats.
- Before you apply the tape, make sure that the back of your mat and the floor are completely free from dust and other forms of debris that might hinder the adhesive from holding tight on the mat and the floor. To achieve a clean mat and a hardwood floor, get a broom and use it to sweep away unwanted particles.
- Once you’re done cleaning the mat and floor, place the mat in an upside-down position. Make sure that the back of the mat is facing your direction.
- Take a strip of the double-sided tape and attach it on the back of the mat. Ensure that all corners of your mat are completely covered with it for more security.
- Once you’re done attaching the adhesive on the back of your mat, gently peel off the other side of the double-sided tape to expose the adhesive.
- Next, switch the position of your mat and slowly lay down the back part on your desired area of the hardwood floor.
- Tap the corners of the mat using your hand to make sure that each corner has been attached completely on the floor.
- Test the result by simply moving your feet on top of the mat. If the mat doesn’t slide, then you’ve successfully attached it to the floor.
- You can now put the chair on top of the mat and enjoy your aesthetically appealing and safely installed chair mat.
That’s how to keep chair mat from sliding on hardwood floors.
How to Choose a Mat For Your Chair
Here are some quick guides for you when you plan to purchase a mat for your chair.
- Consider what type of floor you have. Different types of mat work differently on various types of floorings.
- Consider the thickness of the mat and the weight of the chair. The two must complement each other’s thickness for a better balance.
- You need to also look at the material of the mat. Make sure that you choose one that has a material that doesn’t wear out so easily.
Learning how to keep chair mat from sliding on hardwood floors is necessary to prevent serious accidents from happening. Do not underestimate the dangers that can be brought by slippery mats so make sure that you act ahead of time for your safety.