How To Get Gum Out Of A Car Mat? – Plus Other Tips
Discovering a gum stain on your freshly cleaned car mat is annoying! It's probably happened to most of us. With the hustle and bustle of daily life, this scenario must be dealt with if not avoided. How to fix it? In this article, we will be showing you how to get gum out of car mat. We have a number of simple but effective suggestions for you. So keep on reading.
As soon as you discover the gum stain, don't leave it that way. You need to act right away to avoid the stain from sticking harder on your car mat. Still wondering how to remove gum from car carpet? Here is what you can do.
- Get a hairdryer. Aim it directly onto the gum.
- Make sure not to melt the carpet fibers.
- Use a plastic bag to scrape off the melted gum. Do this when you see the gum beginning to melt.
- Continue the process until the gum totally disappears.
Other Ways to Remove Gum Stain on Your Car Mat
Now, sometimes, the gum stain is already hard to remove, or you have a more sensitive car mat that you don't want to use a hairdryer on. In either case, there are other means on how to get gum out of car mat. These are the following:
- Spray liquid detergent or degreaser directly onto the affected area.
- Use a fingernail brush to remove the stain.
- Remove the entire car mat, wash with detergent, and rinse with water. Then let dry.
- Rinse a clean sponge with warm water. Apply the sponge to the carpet.
Gum stains on your car mat is not a very hard situation to deal with. You just have to relax to be able to think properly. Moreover, remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of the carpet. By doing this, you will know how hard the stain is. Most importantly, you'll be able to assess what is the best way to use on how to get gum out of car mat.
Removing Sticky Stains
There could be a lot of strategies you can use when removing gum stain from your car mat. The important thing to remember is to use the safest procedure. You would never want to end up with a damaged car mat just because of wanting to remove that stubborn gum.
Now, you might encounter people telling you to use a mixture of vinegar and other stain removal ingredients. That could be a good DIY idea to consider; however, make sure that the cleaning steps will not leave any foul odor inside your car or do more damage to your car mat.
When it comes to removing gum out of your car mat, there are a few options at your disposal. What we just gave you are effective and quick ways on how to get gum out of car mat.