How To Clean Rubber Gym Mats: A Step-By-Step Guide
If you are a gym owner, you would know that cleaning rubber exercise mats doesn’t need to happen daily. However, as time goes by, dirt and bacteria may have built up on your rubber mat and can potentially be a threat to the health of your costumers. That’s why you need to know the proper way on how to clean rubber gym mats.
There is no need to worry about how to clean rubber gym floor. It is made to be extremely durable and is built with materials that would be so easy to clean using only a few tools and quick cleaning methods. But to make sure that you are not putting your costumers and your employees’ health at risk, you have to follow the right procedure on how to clean rubber gym mats.
How to clean rubber gym mats?
- The first step on how to clean rubber gym mats is to put all your gym equipment on a separate side of the room to make sure that you cover the entire flooring in this cleaning process. You can ask for help when moving your exercise tools and machines.
- Next, grab a sweeping tool or a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust and other stubborn debris from your mat. This is an essential step on how to clean rubber gym mats so that the next cleaning step would be much faster and smoother to do.
- Once all the dust and debris are completely off from the rubber mat, you can now proceed to the deep cleaning process. For this step, make sure that you are using a deep cleaner with a low pH level. Take note that any acidic solutions can totally ruin the material of your gym mat and can shorten its lifespan. You can apply this with the use of cleaning tools, like a sponge or a mop.
- If you don’t have a deep cleaning solution, you can use any cleaning soap available in your area. Mix it with warm water and soak your entire flooring with it by using any available mop.
- The last step would be to disinfect your rubber floor using any kind of disinfectant spray.
Ways to Maintain the Cleanliness of Your Gym Mat
There are many ways on how you can maintain the cleanliness of your gym’s rubber flooring so you wouldn’t have to deep clean it frequently. Here is a list of the things you can do to care for your gym floor:
- Do not let your gym members to go inside your gym barefoot.
- Disinfect your floor and the different gym equipment after gym hours using a disinfectant spray. This is to kill any existing bacteria and germs inside your gym.
Educating yourself on how to clean rubber gym mats is an essential step on how you can maintain a clean, germ-free, and healthy gym. This can also help you gain the trust of your costumers and boost your business in a pretty significant way.