How To Clean Rubber Floor Mats For Cars: Quick Tips
Your car's interior is as important as its exterior. After all, it's all about the feel inside your vehicle, but there are other interior components that we take for granted, like your car floor mats. In this article, we'll teach you how to clean rubber floor mats and include some practical care tips for consistency.
Quick Tips For Cleaning Rubber Floor Mats For Cars
Compared to carpet car mats, rubber mats are easier to clean and are less prone to stains. These are some steps on how to clean rubber floor mats for cars:
- A pressure washer or garden hose
- Non-abrasive but sturdy brush
- A cleaning agent
- A spray bottle to mix your solutions
- Degreaser or all-purpose cleaner
- Microfiber cloths
- A non-greasy shine for your rubber mat
Step 1 - Remove all the mats from your vehicle, and find an open space to clean.
Step 2 - Rinse the mat with a pressure washer.
Step 3 - Spray the solution on the surface and start scrubbing.
Step 4 - Rinse the soapy solution with clean water from your washer or hose.
Step 5 - Dry your rubber floor mat using a microfiber cloth.
Step 6 - Spritz a non-greasy shine for your rubber mat and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth for added shine.
Knowing how to clean rubber floor mats is easy because of its material, which is perfect for car floors.
Rubber And Carpet Mats: Which Is Better
If you own a rubber car mat, chances are, you're a very practical person. Aesthetically, the limited design and colors of rubber car mats make it difficult for enthusiasts to embrace. But they still have their perks, nonetheless.
- Rubber mats are very easy to clean.
- Rubber mats are more affordable than other mats.
- Rubber mats are durable and can handle the harsh effects of changing seasons better than carpet mats.
- Rubber mats withstand dirt, dust, and mud better than carpet mats.
- Carpet floor car mats are aesthetically pleasing and are a go-to mat for enthusiasts.
- There are many carpet floor car mats to choose from because of the availability of colors and design.
- Carpet floor mats are cheaper than the mats provided by dealerships.
- Carpet floor mats are perfect for the urban driver because it doesn't come in contact with high-level dirt and mud.
- You can customize your carpet floor mats, so they suit the interiors of your car.
Note: Carpet floor mats need to be cleaned more often, and since they take longer to dry, they might affect your normal driving schedules.
If we know how to clean rubber floor mats effectively, we are left with car floors that look brand-new. It may not be as aesthetic as some carpet mats, but they do the dirty work for us, which is a risk you should be willing to take.