How To Clean Rubber Floor Mats In The Gym
People go to the gym to improve their body and to live a healthy lifestyle. But sometimes, gyms can be a potential disease-spreader. Why? This is due to filthy gym mats that have not been cleaned for some time. So how to clean rubber floor mats for gyms?
How Often Should Rubber Gym Mats be Cleaned?
If you are worried about how to clean rubber gym floor and how much it will cost to clean your gym mats, here’s one thing that might ease your worries out – rubber mats are designed to be durable and stain-free. They are meant to be low maintenance, so you don’t have to deep clean them daily.
Before learning how to clean rubber floor mats gym, you first need to learn about these following tips on how to take care of your gym mat:
- If your rubber gym mat is newly installed, do not clean it for about three days to make sure that the floor mat will stick well and securely to the floor.
- Do not use harsh cleaning agents or those with high pH levels because they cause an unfixable damage to your mat and will lessen the its lifespan.
Having a clean gym mat does not only give health benefits to your customers, but it can also help improve the image of your business. You don’t want your dirty and smelly floor mats to be the reason why people don’t go to your gym, right? So here are steps on how to clean rubber floor mats for gyms in a few simple ways.
- Prepare your cleaning materials.
- Clean rags
- A low pH cleaning agent
- Start by sweeping off the dust from your gym mat.
- To deeply remove all the dirt, take your vacuum cleaner, and use it to remove hard to sweep objects, such as dust and strands of hair. Make sure that you include all the areas of your mat in this step.
- Next is to kill the germs and bacteria that live in your gym mat. Take your non-acidic cleaning agent and spray it on the surface of your mat. You can also use a mop or a clean rag to spread it on the rubber mat.
- When you’re done, take a bucket of water and your mop. Finish the cleaning by mopping your entire rubber gym mat. Once you’re done, leave it to completely dry before using it again.
See? That’s how quick the process is on how to clean rubber floor mats for gyms.
Clean Gym for Healthier Gym Goers
Knowing how to clean rubber floor mats for gyms is a must for every gym owner. Let your customers experience a comfortable and healthy environment for their everyday workout sessions.