How To Clean Gym Mats: An Easy Guide
The rise of health and wellness keeps gyms packed and people aware. With all the constant traffic that goes in and out of gyms, your mats are sure to get extra dirty, and cleaning them thoroughly every day could be challenging. In this article, we will show you practical tips on how to clean gym mats, so you keep them clean and fresh every day.
An Easy Guide To Cleaning Gym Mats
A gym is a commercial space, and investing in the right equipment and materials should be a priority. We'll provide you with some easy steps on how to clean gym mats, so you save effort and time.
Pro tip: Your gym mats have different materials. Make sure you check which cleaning agents are best for your mat's material.
- Get rid of any loose items on the mat by sweeping or collecting them by hand.
- Make a cleaning agent mixture, and put it in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mat and mop the sprayed area immediately.
- Make sure you mark areas that have been mopped, so you don't do double work.
Tips To Remember:
- If your mop heads get dirty, don't reuse them, so you avoid getting dirt on clean areas.
- Organize the spaces of your gym mats for cleaning, and divide them into areas.
- Spot clean areas when you can throughout the day, and don't wait for dirt to build up.
Cleaning Exercise Mats
Gym mats aren't the only mats in a gym that need cleaning. Exercise mats have more direct access to your skin and will require frequent, thorough clean.
Steps on how to clean gym mats - exercise mats:
Pro tip: Make cleaning materials available for your gym members to use since some of them prefer to clean exercise mats themselves.
- Prepare your cleaning agent in a spray bottle. It can be a yoga mat cleaner or a mixture of mild dishwashing soap with warm water.
- Spray it on your mat and wipe it. Always have clean cloths ready for use.
- Use another cloth to wipe it dry, or leave it in the open to dry.
Tips to remember:
- Do not use abrasive tools when cleaning the mats.
- A warm mixture works best for some dirt.
- If you have a very soiled mat, immerse it in a solution of warm water and dish soap.
- Keep baby wipes handy for spot cleaning exercise mats and avoid wipes with bleach and harsh chemicals.
- If you need to use alcohol on your mats, go for isopropyl alcohol.
Gym mats have to be cleaned daily not only for sanitary purposes but for building up an impressive and professional image to customers and clients. Learning how to clean gym mats is a habitual act, and the key is to clean daily.