How To Clean Gym Mats At Home: House Care 101
Are you on the journey towards your dream body? There is nothing truly better than having your gym inside the comfort of your home. And of course, after having your daily exercise grind, your gym mat can get exposed to dirt and sweat. In this article, you will learn how to clean gym mats at home in easy and affordable ways.
Cleaning Your Gym Mats
If you spend most of your hours following your workout routine to get that toned body, then it would be better to do it with a comfortable gym mat even if you’re at home. But if you do already own one, you’d relate to the fact that your gym mat can get pretty nasty over time. It would tend to smell and have visible dust build-up.
It would be a little expensive to hire a gym mat cleaner. So we have some cool stuff here for you to learn how to clean gym mats at home without spending hundreds of dollars. Take your time to read the following steps.
- To make the cleaning extra fun, it would be better to have music playing in the background. So take your phone, and connect it to a speaker. Play songs from YouTube or Spotify to get rid of that boring cleaning vibe.
- Now, the most essential step on how to clean gym mats at home is to have your cleaning materials. Grab a vacuum cleaner and any disinfecting agent of your choice. Make sure that all your materials don't contain acid to avoid damaging your mat.
- Start by removing your gym equipment to the side or put it away first in a separate area. To remove dust and debris build-up on your gym mat, use your vacuum cleaner, and move it around your mat. Let it absorb all the unwanted particles. Move it in all areas to make sure that no dirt would be left.
- If you’re done removing the clouds of dust and dirt, you are going to need to get your disinfecting spray, and use it in all areas of your mat. Germs and bacteria may have lived on your mat for so long, and they can potentially increase your risk of having a health problem.
- After that, you can also improve the cleaning result by using a neutral pH cleanser. It’s a type of cleaning agent that can help your gym mat last longer. This is better to use if you have a rubber mat because it is rubber-friendly.
That’s how to clean gym mats at home in five easy steps. Having your mat regularly cleaned is a must for you, not only to achieve your dream body but to achieve a healthy and disease-free body as well.
Home Sweet Home
Now that you have the necessary information on how to clean gym mats at home, you can brush away the worries that come with your nasty gym mat. Be sure to follow the right procedure, and use the right cleaning materials for your gym mat type.