How To Clean Car Rubber Floor Mats
If you are a car owner, you can relate to the feeling of how frustrating it is to have a filthy car floor mat. Aside from the unpleasing sight that it gives, it can also cost you your health. It’s time to learn how to clean car floor mats rubber the right way so that you’d get to experience having a fresh-looking car interior again.
Cleaning Your Car Mat
Do you miss the feeling of seeing your car on its brand new state where everything seems so flawless, including your very own car mat? Having a bag of dirt and dust on your car’s mat is inevitable since you walk your shoes everywhere before you hop into your vehicle. So how to clean rubber floor mats in car?
Here are steps on how to clean car floor mats rubber without having to go to a car cleaning shop.
- The first step on how to clean rubber car floor mats would be to take them off from the interior of your car. Make sure that you get everything out so you wouldn’t leave any dirt behind.
- After you have removed the mat, shake it off on an open area. This is to initially take some dirt and dust away before you wash your mat.
- Once you’re done with the initial cleaning, the next step on how to clean car floor mats rubber would be to wash it well using a hose. Make sure that you use a low pH soap if you decide to apply one on your mat. Rubbers aren’t so friendly with acidic materials so it’s not advisable to use any harsh cleaning agents for this process.
- Now, deep clean your mat using a soft-bristled brush and a low pH cleaning soap. Ensure that you include all the corners of your car mat, even the back part.
- Wash the dirt and soap away using a hose. A clean water-flow from the mat is an indicator that you have completely washed off all the dirt that was present on your it.
- Lastly, dry your car mat completely under the sun or wipe it with a dry towel. Make sure that the mats are dry before you take them back to the car.
Pros and Cons of Rubber Mats
Rubber car mats are one of the most popular types of car mats available in the market. Here are its advantages and disadvantages.
- They are easy to clean and dry.
- They are built with durable material so they don’t wear out easily. You will be assured that you can use them for a much longer time.
- Since rubber mats are made with high-quality material, they can be a lot more expensive than your usual type of mat.
- Some have poor and old designs, and they might not look compatible with your car’s interior.
You have just learned how to clean car floor mats rubber. As an owner, it is a must that you do maintain the cleanliness of your mat to have a healthy car environment throughout.